- 2 small bunches golden beets
- 2 small bunches red beets
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices of baguette, toasted
- 3 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
Recipe courtesy of Vidalia's Restaurant, Washington, D.C.
- Place beets into two separate saucepans (to keep colors intact). Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beets are tender, about 15 minutes. Rinse beets separately under cold running water. Rub off skins with an old kitchen towel or paper towels. Cut beets into quarters.
- Whisk honey, vinegar and thyme together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil until vinaigrette emulsifies. Add salt and pepper.
- Combine beets and 1/4 cup vinaigrette.
- Heat broiler.
- Spread each baguette slice with goat cheese and broil until brown on the top. Combine lettuce, beets, onions and 1/3 cup vinaigrette; toss well. Serve with goat cheese crostini. You'll have vinaigrette left over.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: