- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 medium baking potatoes, chopped
- 5 cups 2-percent reduced-fat milk
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled (deveined, if large)
- 4 cups baby arugula or other peppery greens, such as mache or chopped and stemmed mustard or turnip greens
—Recipe by Jill Melton.
- Cut corn kernels from cob. Scrape cobs with back of knife to release milk. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in large Dutch oven. Remove from pan, drain and crumble.
- Add onions, corn, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to bacon drippings. Saute 10 minutes. Add flour, whisking well and cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and milk. Cook 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Stir in arugula. Serve with crumbled bacon.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: