- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- Dash of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 thick slices rustic sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- Chives, finely chopped for garnish
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and tomatoes and sauté 5 minutes. Add thyme and sauté 4 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Place eggs in a bowl and whisk. Place a large, heavy skillet over low heat. Add butter and heat until melted. Add eggs. As eggs begin to set, draw a spatula from the edge of the pan to the center, allowing the uncooked eggs to run onto the surface of the pan. Just before eggs are done, add heavy cream and stir until eggs are creamy, soft and a little lumpy. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper.
- Place a piece of warm toast on 4 individual serving plates. Top with eggs and tomatoes. Sprinkle with chives.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: