- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 -- banana
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves, melted in microwave until pourable
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, shaved
- Beat heavy cream with a mixer at medium-high speed until medium peaks form.
- Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, half-and-half, powdered sugar and banana extract in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Mix half the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture. Then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream, being careful not to deflate the mixture.
- Spoon or pipe into serving dishes or glasses and refrigerate.
- Slice banana into diagonal 1/2-inch thick slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top of each slice and heat with a brulée torch or under hot broiler until sugar is melted and golden brown.
- Remove prepared mousse from refrigerator and top each portion with a drizzle of raspberry preserves and one or two slices of bruléed banana. Sprinkle shaved chocolate on top of banana.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Peanut Butter Mousse with Bruléed Bananas and Raspberry Preserves on Relish.com