- 1 teaspoon butter or cooking oil
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces tortilla chips, about 4 cups
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Recipe by Lisa Holderness and Wini Moranville
- To prepare salsa, combine beans, avocado, corn, cilantro, lime juice and cumin seeds. Mix well.
- To prepare nachos, place eggs, water, salt and pepper in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add butter. When butter melts, add egg mixture. Stir gently but continuously until small pieces of cooked egg are surrounded by liquid egg. Stop stirring and cook just until egg is set but still shiny. Remove from heat. Slide egg onto cutting board and cut into shards, about 1/8-inch-by-2 inches long.
- Place tortilla chips on a large platter. Sprinkle egg strips over tortilla chips. Spoon salsa on top. Sprinkle with feta; serve immediately.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: