- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 (8-inch) pita loaves
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into wide strips
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water 15 minutes
Recipe by Richie Bronson.
- Prepare grill.
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour half the dressing into a second bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber and onion to dressing in one bowl.
- Add shrimp to dressing in second bowl. Stir until well coated; marinate at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Lightly brush pitas and bell pepper on both sides with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill pitas until browned and slightly crisp, about 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to a rack to cool (pitas will continue to crisp as they cool). Grill bell pepper until just softened, about 11/2 minutes on each side.
- Thread shrimp on skewers without crowding. Grill until just cooked, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Break pitas into bite-size pieces. Remove shrimp from skewers and gently stir into tomato mixture with pitas, bell pepper and feta.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: