- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle root beer
- 1 (18-ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
Recipe courtesy of Double Brook Farm, Hopewell, N.J.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To make the rub, combine first 5 ingredients. Rub spice mixture over ribs. Place ribs in roasting pan or Dutch oven.
- Pour root beer into bottom of pan (not over the ribs). Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake ribs for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until tender and browned.
- To make the sauce, stir barbecue sauce, water, brown sugar and espresso powder in a heavy saucepan. Cook 10 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Brush ribs with sauce. Grill ribs until heated through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve ribs with remaining sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: