- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dried pears, chopped or torn
- 1/2 cup turbinado or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple or apricot juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising yellow cornbread mix (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cup maple syrup
Recipe by Teresa Blackburn, Relish Prop and Food Stylist
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine apples, pears, turbinado sugar and fruit juice in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Pour melted butter into 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine granulated sugar, cornbread mix and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, eggs and maple syrup until well blended. Do not overbeat. Pour over butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit and juice over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 20 minutes for ramekins or 35 minutes for baking dish, until crust rises to the top and browns.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: